.

Be gentle and not cruel. Embrace humility more than arrogance. Thank others more than you accept thanks. Feel compassion more than apathy. See what others ignore. Hold others close more than you push them aside. Learn more than you teach. Be present more than absent. Give more than you take. -Joanne Cacciatore

Friday, July 6, 2012

Heart a pounding...

So for the last 4 weeks we have been doing this WeightLoss Challenge at CrossFit Zion (where I crossfit) and I got the honor of weighing in people.  Everyone signed up one day and I havent thought much about it since.  Then yesterday I had the opportunity to weigh in everyone for the FINAL WEIGH IN.  Some were scared to come in, some just came because they were dragged, and others came because they were proud of their results.  As I was adding up the inches lost on everyones papers it was fun to see their faces as they saw the end number.  Two people inparticular I was caught by surprise their numbers and clap and screamed of excitement when I saw them.  It was crazy though because I was so proud of them and I got to watch them feel so proud of themselves.  One person was as excited as me.  We just smiled and laughed and just were happy, the other played it off like hey thats awesome but you could see in his eyes the proud feelings that overcame him.  They have all worked so hard to accomplish such BIG results in 4 weeks it was amazing to watch.  As I sat back and filed away each persons paper I got to reflect a little bit on my journey.  No secret that I have struggled a little over these past few months and have had some BIG DECISIONS to make.  I have decided that I am unwilling to go back to the place I was a few months ago because I emotionally cant handle that rejection.  Though I have NO CHOICE over what others do I CAN choose what I do and I realize that.... now.  So I am at a BIG CROSSROAD and its been weighing on me this last week.  So as I watched these amazing people EACH AND EVERYONE of them accomplish there 4 week weightloss challenge the relection of my success is something I have get to hold close to my heart.  It is a chapter in my book, its a feeling of success that unless you have lived it, you can never explain.  People come and go out of our lives and though I DESPISE that saying, I realize in this moment, I am so blessed for the people I have had along my journey.  My trainers for the last few months Chad &  Lil' Ryan have really pushed the workouts to a whole new level.  I have got to watch so many around me go down in band sizes, change their eating, start lifting more weight and for me.  That is my favorite part of the day.  When someone does something they didnt think they could.  I love seeing the success of others.  It honestly just makes me smile.  So congrats to everyone in the weightloss challenge.  Even if you didnt win the grand prize... you just won an AMAZING chapter to your story!

No comments:

Post a Comment