.

Be gentle and not cruel. Embrace humility more than arrogance. Thank others more than you accept thanks. Feel compassion more than apathy. See what others ignore. Hold others close more than you push them aside. Learn more than you teach. Be present more than absent. Give more than you take. -Joanne Cacciatore

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A mini trip away...


Every once in a while we all need a little vacation. Friday Cameron and I left to Las Vegas to fly out to Pasco, Washington and drive into Spokane. We got to Vegas on time but found out our flight had a 2 hour delay because Obama was there and they had to stop all air travel. It was sort of annoying because it was HOT and we were anxious to get there. So we only had time to drive in eat some Zips and head to bed. Saturday we woke up early (they are a hour behind us) so we drove over to my old high school track and went for a jog. I was dying for some reason, I guess the memories were weighing me down ha ha. We went back to our room and got to workout for a hour on the BEST machine I have ever used. We then got in touch with Emily and Trevor and drove out to see them. They have a beautiful home and are kicking buttt in the business. Cameron and I then headed to CDL and it was beautiful, I am known for falling and as I was walking across the cross walk yep I fell down. It was sort of funny. We spent time on the boardwalk and just enjoyed how beautiful it was. We did some driving around looking at different locations and LOVED IT. We then headed back in town to dinner with Trev and Em and saw some more primericans there. It was fun!!! Sunday, we headed to breakfast at Sheris restaurant and then headed out to Post Falls to check out some more locations, we ended up driving to Silverwood and spent some time being kids again. It makes you realize how freaking old we have become for sure. We then came back in town rested, went to Black Angus for dinner and just relaxed to the fullest. I was able to have one of my really good friends from Spokane meet Cameron for the first time and though nerves were through the roof it was SOOOOO fun, it is a little glimpse of my past that makes some fun conversation pieces. We then headed back over to spend some time with Trev and Emily and just laughed our heads off as we always do when we are all together. Trevor has a story that is pretty much priceless. We found ourselves driving and busting up laughing just thinking about it! Then Monday we woke up, packed up, went shopping downtown. Rode some sky ride that I will NEVER ride again in my life, and then headed to see my Aunt and Uncle. We were able to visit with them for a while and we just LOVE to see them and be around them. Off to home we headed with lots to figure out but most of all, it was one successful trip. It was a beautiful trip, well needed, and well deserved LOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment